Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home Adventures/Thoughts

I'm not used to this staying at home thing...anymore. Haha! I admit, summers before were spent at home where I would only venture to certain places: my room, the bathroom, the dining area and the living room. But after participating in activities like musical theater workshops and, recently, as a SLA, I'm kinda losing my mind. In the "omg, I have nothing to do" sense. I miss the activities. But most of all I miss the people I met through those things. Miss ko na bonding moments natin. MISS KO NA KAYO. :( [cue the awwwww] I miss a lot of people. You know who you are. =))

That's the downside to this. The plus side is I've been spending time with my siblings and cousin/s. :) Haha we played pusoy dos and blackjack a while ago and had pizza. Haha laughtrip moments happened. We also played around with the Glee app and err it was funny. :)) Plus American Idol-ing it up via the Wii! =)) I missed these too. The summer days where you spent all day goofing around and not worrying about anything. It's simple. I wish we could go to the park and run around but I can't run around pa so :))

Truth be told, I missed being at home. :) Night classes don't offer much bonding time with the people here at home. When I get home, they've eaten dinner and we're all going to bed. Sometimes I eat with mom and dad. The next day, since my siblings had school as well and mom and dad have to get to work, I eat breakfast alone. :( So unless I wake up early, I eat breakfast watching err something. Haha! So bonding moments with siblings are to be cherished. I spent more time with Ama too since she's like my "nurse"/person who reminds me to take my meds & clean my wound :P It brings me back to the summer days we spent at Ama & Aba's house when we were younger.

I've also been reading..somewhat. haha! Out of sheer boredom, I've started reading the Philippine Constitution :P I have a subject next term about this so I thought to myself why not? :P How Hermione Granger-ish it is of me. And then after getting annoyed that most of the things I've read in the Constitution aren't being upheld in the government we have today, I turned to reading the book mom bought for me to read while I was in the hospital: The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho. I'm not done with it yet but so far, it's interesting. I forgot where I was since I didn't have a bookmark with me in the hospital so I'm starting all over. haha! But I remember a line that struck me. Something about fame and glory being the ultimate goal of people nowadays. Hmm I'll ETA it later if I find it.

I don't go online much. Only for the occasional tweet and the downloading but I try not to be enslaved by the internet. Haha! I'm trying to find some other things to do than browse Facebook, Tumblr or YouTube. And I don't check my phone much. Haha! There are times that I do but if I don't reply agad, it's not that I'm ignoring you. I just forget that I have a cellphone sometimes. Hahaha :P And I have no load sa Sun and I'm watching my Globe bill. Hahaha. :)

Update on the health: I can only exercise 60 days after the surgery. So that's like...June 26 or something. And then the tahi would've completely melted (it's this new thing that the tahi melts sa skin so I don't have to go back and have it removed) after 41 days. And I can like move around and do stuff like wash the dishes but I can't get tired. I have to take slow steps sa stairs. Hmm. I noticed that it was rather tiring to walk around when we went to my doctors yesterday. The surgeon's sched was in the morning and the OBGYN's was in the afternoon so mom, Ama and I went to SM Sta Mesa. Hahaha! Normally, it takes me a long time to get tired of walking around but after a short while napagod ako ng onti. :( Luckily lunch time nun so problem solved. I remember telling Ama I looked and felt like I was pregnant since I was guarding my tummy area. Ama told me "Hindi! Parang kakapanganak mo lang. Cesarean pa nga! Baby mo yung appendix diba." And this just strengthened my thoughts about this being sorta like getting pregnant and giving birth. :P Hurrah.

haha this is getting rather long. And unorganized again =)) See you when I see you :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm stuck at home too:( (since grad.haha) i only get to go out if i have interviews or to hang out. and i really got nothing much to do here. huhuhu:( first few weeks na i was home, i really felt like im losing my mind too. hahaha:))
    but i get to bond with my dad now, watching idol and nba.:)) and it's really fun:) i miss you! i miss spending my summer practicing for lpep and meeting newbies! (like you guys were last year) and i promise i'll visit you guys in the office soon! i love you!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate Maan! Ngayon ko lang nabasa. Haha >:D< I knoow what you mean :) I got to bond with my siblings haha. yaaay! Can't wait for your visit :) Loveyou! <3

    ReplyDelete