Thursday, June 24, 2010
Decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore.
The title for this post was taken from the lecture, "Achieving Your Childhood Dreams", given by Randy Pausch in 2007. If you haven't read the book, read it! It's really inspiring. Or the video above will do. He's one of the many that I wish I had met. :)
I read Randy Pausch's book sometime last year, after buying it on a whim while walking around Fully Booked. And I recently downloaded the video of the lecture and watched it on the way to school one day. (Yes, it takes an hour and a half on average to get to school from my house on a normal day using a car. Traffic!:P) And when he said "Decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore", it just hit me.
I've been in a funk lately. I've shared this sentiment with a few people, some telling me it's a common thing to be feeling and others telling me maybe I'm just tired. But instead of doing something about what's bothering me, I decided not to. I was being an Eeyore, being all sad. It didn't help things. So I took this day to rest and relax (sort of=)) ) and try to figure out what was bothering me. I kinda have an idea of what it is already, but I'm not really sure if it's the root of the problem.:P But I will do something about it. :) I promise that to myself. :)
To quote Randy Pausch, "We can’t change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
~N
[BTW, if anyone wants to play poker, let's play>:) =)) ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment